electrical problem: cabin light, central locking

I just replaced my car stereo in my '91 900S (that was a separate thread). Everything went fine w/ the install & was working afterwards ... BUT at night I noticed that the overhead lights had stopped working. Also, the central locking system was no longer working (I could have sworn it was working early in the day, though ... after the stereo install).

So, I'm wondering if there's some connection between those systems that I could have affected while messing with the wires. I know that everything is taped / capped well so there aren't any rogue wires in there shorting things out now, but it's possible that something happened during install -- before realising that I should disconnect the battery :-/

Anyway, I looked in Bentley but couldn't find where my central locking relay is located. I checked the fuse under the seat for the interior lights and it looked fine -- tried replacing it just to see, but no difference. I don't seem to be getting any power at the light switch between the seats, so I'm assuming the problem is further upstream. I'm guessing it's a fuse, but I can't find any fuses that look blown. (Also, I believe that the seatbelt warning chime is no longer coming on ...although now I'm wondering whether it ever came on.)

The only other noteable thing is that the stereo I installed did not have a connection for the orange dimmer wire (so I just taped the end). I figured that was just for dimming the stereo faceplate lights.

Appreciate any suggestions of what to try / where to look. Thanks!

Hans

Reply to
Hans Lellelid

I solved my own problem. I discovered that in fact it was a 10A fuse under rear seat that I had somehow missed. Bentley suggests that this fuse only affects central locking in convertibles, but replacing it certainly seemed to fix the central locking (and inteior lights) in my

900S hatchback.

HL

Hans Lellelid wrote:

Reply to