SAAB - Dentists, Architects and Graphic Designers...

For all you TV watchers in the UK - Hope you all saw Jeremy Clarkson last night talking about the Dentist, Architect and Graphic designer SAAB drivers, the ones that when asked why they chose SAAB reply with a patronising smile, "as if they know something we dont." He then went on to rip into SAAB (which had me shouting at the TV set) only to end by confessing he had found what all the smiles were about (after road testing the 9-5). No need to tell anyone in this news group. Keep smiling! GG

---------------------- Car : '90 SAAB 900i Occupation : Designer

----------------------

Reply to
GG

Most of the ripping into was actually a replay of his old commentary when he criticised the 9-5 LPT.

This time they gave him a HOT Aero. And it was exactly the same till he tried the accelleration test. Strangely he got "That Grin".

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Missed the program in favour of String Theory on C4. Master Clarksong is always suspicious of anything GM has a finger in. I can well imagine that Saab doesn't appeal to Clarkson. Last time he was he was drooling over a Honda S2000 with 9000 RPM engine: "Right kind of engine noises..." Come on! Saabs turbo performance is something different, more laid back and lazy.

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

I missed it. I was out getting my Land Rover incredibly muddy. Now that DID put a smile on my face :))

Reply to
Adrian England

Don't worry lads I've already sent pics and offered Clarkson a drive of my T16, if a 9-5 HOT is like stepping on a landmine then mines like lighting the blue touch paper on a minute man and standard just to the side of the silo to see it go on its way.

Matt. Occupation: IT Bitch and Tech Director

Reply to
**-**

I just got back from the UK where I saw this man's show. It is hilarious! He HATES the new 5-series BMW so he can't be all that bad.

Spyder

Reply to
Spyderman

Does your car exist? theres strong rumours to say not... ;-)

Reply to
Murphwiz

In article , snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.com spouted forth into alt.autos.saab...

Yeah, but he owns, and admits it, and AMG SL55, and is heterosexual :) Openly admits that a straight man can't a convertable in the UK, and feels scared to open the hood, and be seen driving with it down even in the mini summer we had this year.

But he does know cars. And isn't afraid to upset people including manufacturers if he doesn't like what they make.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

MeatballTurbo ( snipped-for-privacy@bouncing-czechs.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Heh. I don't think he's too far wrong... God knows what my Citroen Mehari says about me, then...

I can't *stand* Clarkson - but did anybody else hear him on Desert Island Disks on Sunday morning? He's got some decent taste in music....

Reply to
Adrian

Oh he comes over as this bullying arrogant northener, but you know. He normally is right, and has good taste in most things.

You either love or loathe his opinions and attitudes, but he knowledge and taste is normally good.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo