9-5 Aero MY2000 High Beam Problem...

Hoping for some advice before I call the dealer Monday a.m.

Tonight I'm driving home from a movie, pull back on the stalk to activate the high beams - nothing... No change in output from the headlights, no blue indicator on the dash panel. Get home, and in the garage, shut off the car, wait 30 seconds, turn it back on. So I turn on the fog lights, and then try the switch again - this time the fog lights go off (cool) when I pull back the stalk, but no high beams or indicator (again).

The really wierd thing is, this has happened before. About 2 weeks ago coming back from another movie... But then the next day I tried it and everything was working great.

So I've figured out 2 things..

  1. Something is flakey with my car.
  2. My car knows when I see a movie and is jealous.

This car was a certified SAAB used car, so I have a warrenty - I would just like to give the dealer some information if anyone has any...

Thanks Craig

Reply to
C Sats

Had very similar in 95' 9000 , intermittent working on high beams and dipped. Sometimes high beams would not come on, sometimes not go off! Sometimes dipped wouldn't even work. Seemed at first as if dip switch not working. Temporary fix was to tap relays in auxiliary fuse box. Was also on SAAB warrantee at time - they cleaned relay contacts. Worked fine - till warrantee expired! Permanent fix was to replace relays.

Reply to
ice_cream

It was the relay - thanks!

Craig