Reply to
SG

in article snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com, SG at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote on

07/05/2006 07:19:

Hmmm! With Safari, I only get "saabvideos.com" and the BFJ flash animation. Nothing else. With IE, I seem to get the full content, but it does not adhere to variable page widths (eg 1024x768), requiring some scrolling to the right. Also, the Mission Statement and other text at the top of the page are in such small columns that it is not at all easy to read. The remainder of your text preceding the video list is laid out okay (not in tiny columns) but as I sad, does not adhere to the user's window width.

I think the style sheet and layout has got messed up somewhere. Perhaps a missing or somewhere? There are some missing graphics, too, for the services and what-not down the bottom of the page.

Until the code is fixed, I can't really comment on the style.

As seen in Safari:

As seen in IE (the problem with the top of the page):

... And the missing graphics:

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

Great, but the W3C validator reports over 1700 code errors

the page probably does not look like you want it to look, at least not with Mozilla Firefox.

In the page code you refer to /css/advanced.css but the W3C CSS validator reports "

Not Found"If I copy & paste the style code section from
in the W3C CSS validator, I get 1 error and many warnings.

Reply to
MH

Can't download flash player. A message comes up: fpdownload.macromedia.com could not be found.

Reply to
Johannes

Paul,

I fixed the IE problem where it stopped after the flash animation.

I need to do some more work on it. I like the look a little better.

I think it works well with Mozilla for now. :)

I will keep moving on it.

What about a different color background like black?

SG

Reply to
SG

in article snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com, SG at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote on

07/05/2006 16:45:

Looking better now. There are still missing graphics, as per:

Keep the background white.

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

Paul,

Okay. :)

SG

Reply to
SG

in article snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com, SG at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote on

07/05/2006 20:13:

Top-posting is starting to make this look scrappy ...

You've gone for a nice modern style, with off-black text, clean fonts and good graphics. Keep the background of the same style. Oh, and please don't think about some intro flash "SAAB Videos" logorrehoea! What's the music, BTW?

The style is good - I like it! I've added a link to your site from my SAAB and Special Editions websites.

New problem found :) The 'News', 'Blog', 'Links' and 'Contact' links merely reload the page.

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

Paul,

Those 4 sections are going to be developed. :)

I'd like to have a Saab videos blog some day soon to talk about the videos, etc. :)

Thanks for the suggestions, I will keep them in mind! :)

The music is from the Saab Automobile USA TV ads.

SG

Reply to
SG

Suggest in that case that it says so.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

I only speak as a humble user. I've built my own PC's since 1998, but I couldn't spell hmtl ;-) let alone write(code?) it if I had a gun pointed at my head!

I like the site, it looks good and works OK for me with Bills bog standard xp packaged browser.

BUT, lose the music, there's nothing turns me away from a site faster than unwanted music, well other than a virus warning I guess!!

Overall SG, thanks a bunch, you're doing a great job, along with Paul Hallidays site we have some real talent and dedication in the community here. Well done, and thanks

Al

Reply to
Al

Al,

Thanks. I think I should redo the music with a play, pause & stop button for starters.

That music is the Saab Automobile USA Advertising music 'Born from Jets'.

I have been doing HTML since 1993.

SG

Reply to
SG