Sensor on 2.3 non turbo 9000

I had a burst Top radiator hose the other week was pleased that it only cost me £9.00 I think the Inlet sensor has been damaged as it is a sod to start with it connected and will not tickover properly with it disconnected the car starts very easily still wont tick over but drinks fuel Have I damaged the ECU or is it likely to be just the sensor snipped-for-privacy@easyitis.net

Reply to
tealc