Belt noises

I have a '94 900 Turbo and notice when I first start rolling in cold weather, I hear this squeling and even a grinding like noise which I believe is coming from the belts. I sprayed them several times with a belt dressing, but the noise will re-occur if I don't spray every day. Once the car is running for a few minutes, I don't hear the noise. Do I need to take this in the shop or is there something I can do myself?

Reply to
itten

Change the belts.

Reply to
Bob

Yes, please, change the belts. Belt dressing is a really, really bad idea. It gets into the rubber and softens it so that the belts "stick" to the pulleys. You're rotting your belts. Change them before they break.

John

Reply to
Fred Flintstone

Replace them with GOOD QUALITY belts. Many of the parts shops on the web sell Continental belts which are much better than the Dayco and other cheap belts you can get locally, at least around here. The Conti belts last longer and are quieter than others I have used. In a C900, the belts are right near the occupants and this is more important than in other cars.

KeithG

itten wrote:

Reply to
KeithG