"Service Theft Alarm"

Recently purchased a used 2000 9-5 in Canada.

Engine light kept coming on which and a module has been replaced under warranty.

Also probably 70% of the time I start the car I get a "service theft display" message. Have had the car in and they can't find anything wrong to cause this message. Was reading in a US consumer guide to used cars that this was a trouble spot with the1999's "a defective antitheft siren" causes this message and that the company notified owners to have it replaced at no charge.

Have called GM and they claim this is not the case and dealer says the same thing.

Anyone have any experience with this???

Peter

Reply to
PCE

I also have a 2000 9-5 with the same problem. It is the siren module in the front drivers side fender well that is usually the culprit. Another common issued with these cars. Not under warranty and lists at just under $400.00 at the dealer.

BL

Reply to
Fatman