Shift Linkage Seal (0/1)

Can anyone tell me how difficult it is to replace the shift seal?

The part isn't too expensive. Its about $30 or so from the local Saab dealer. But they want 2 - 2.5 hours labor which is about $300 in NJ. I figure if they can do it in less than 2 hours I should be able to do it.

I hope I am calling this by the correct name. Take a look at the poor quality pictures attached.

Thanks in advance. John

97 Saab 900S - 220K
Reply to
ghost

Pictures didn't go the first time.

Reply to
ghost

I think it is appropriate, even cheap. If you realize the access difficulty anyone will be having, 3 hours is not excessive.

Reply to
yaofeng

What part of NJ are you located? If you don't get answers to your question, and live near Bergen county, I recommend the Swedish Connection in Bergenfield. When I was on an assignment there a couple of years ago they handled a few issues that came up on my 9000. I don't know if their rates have gone up, but IIRC they would charge about $180 for a 2 hour job. I think they charge actual time, not the inflated "book time". Both times I was there they did an excellent job. They even helped me get a rental car from the Thrifty agency across the street.

Walt Kienzle

1991 9000T
Reply to
Walt Kienzle

I guess the $300 might be appropriate.

The car is over 9 years old and has 220,000 miles so I am try>

Reply to
ghost

I live in western Monmouth county... I have two dealers about 45 minutes in either direction. Both charge about the same for labor.

Reply to
ghost