Some good vintage reading, a 1962 Monte Carlo Special by SAAB

I saw this on eBay and had never seen it before, so I bid and bought it. I enjoyed it so much that I thought I should share it. I scanned the 20 pages, and they are at:

Great reading for the old-timers among us.

Some highlights: It never mentions "Pa Taket", but says Erik was know the world-over as "Somersault Carlsson." I never knew that. When did he become known as "Pa Taket"? A funny cartoon page with one showing Erik driving the SAAB motorcycle-style, with one foot out the door. A nice picture and description of the famous encounter with Bohringer in the Mercedes, showing Bohringer hot on the heels of Carlsson. How inportant it was to take notes of landmarks beforehand because when it snows, and the wheels spin, your odometer is of little use in determining where you are at. Plus, much more.

Reply to
saabyurk