suggestions

ack. The road salt has eaten my C900 ragtop and it's time to reload with another convertible. I live in Northeast Ohio USA. Anyone have a suggestion for a replacement? I've looked at NG 900's and they look decidedly effeminate. I like the looks of the TT's, but they're not Saab's and the wife is not too thrilled with the way they feel. Boxters are not exactly the kind of thing you want in this neck of the woods with all the snow, salt, cruddy roads, and stuff. Beemers are an invitation for getting broken in to, Volvo's are made by Ford (for now), and MB's are incredibly pretentious. Did I mention NE Ohio salts the snot out of the roads and eats car's real fast? Looked at Honda's, and the like, most are made for midgets. I'm 6'2" and change, (186cm ish I guess) and most if not all ragtops feel decidedly smallish, (alright damn small, can't see out the front worth a crap. frikkin windshield bar is frikkin eye level and my head is in the frikkin canvas with the top up) with the exception of the European built cars. Any ideas?

dave

Reply to
dave

Buy the NG900 or 9~3; if you want to make it more macho, put on a body kit,replace the wheels, and lower it. Oh, and buy one in a proper color for man, baby!

Reply to
still just me

Hmm, if it's any help in the decision making process, the TT is regarded as a "hairdressers" car where I come from. Great if you wash rinse and blow-dry as a profession, but otherwise....

Still just me is spot on, with the right kit on board, the 9-3 can look pretty brutish.

(Though I'd pick a different colour to Kidney disease yellow!!)

Al

Reply to
Al

That post was written with the assistance of Mr.Smithwick and some of his buddies. Was searching about with no success and got frustrated. It would appear that there are damn few 9-3's with a manual transmission in these parts. The 9-3 is not too bad, just have to get used to the looks I guess. And no, I don't do blow-dry. The right hairdresser however could be an option if she's willing! dave

Reply to
dave

I said blow-DRY.... ;-)

Al

Reply to
Al

2004 Saab 9-3 ragtop 63k 5spd HO. Way different than the C900. Guess I'll get used to it.

dave

Reply to
dave