Time for Service

I recently bought a 1999 9-3 convertible. It now has 48K miles and the SID says 'Time for Service' when I start the car. Is there something specific this is calling for? If it's something as simple as an oil change which I can do myself, then how do I stop the message from coming up all the time?

I don't have a manual for the car and have been browsing here and on saabnet for as much information as I can find.

Thanks - Andy

Reply to
Andy Olson

The message is displayed after 365 days or has passed since last service (or last service reset of the display). may vary between markets, but is probably close to 20000 km.

It thinks it is time for service, either because of distance or time, and is just reminding you that a service would be nice.

When you have done the required service you can reset the message yourself. When the message is displayed on the SID you press the clear button briefly to remove the message, then press and hold the clear button until the message SERVICED is seen after about 8 seconds. Don't release the button when CLEARED is shown.

What happened to the manual?

Reply to
Goran Larsson

Saab programmed the SID to remind the driver 1,000km before a workshop service is due.

Simply press the "clear" button and it will disappear.

C H Tay snipped-for-privacy@cheerful.com

Reply to
C H Tay

Thanks for the info. I don't know what happened to the manual - previous owner lost it. I am considering buying one of the service/repair manuals on CD that I see on Ebay - any thoughts or experience with those?

Reply to
Andy Olson

You can get the owners manual at a dealership for about $12.

-Fred W

Reply to
Fred W.