Tow Hitch Wiring

Before I start on "hunt the wiring harness", where is the tow hitch wiring connector on the main wiring loom? I assume there is one.

If it's in the boot whats the best way to route the cabling to the tow socket?

Any one have experiences, pitfalls etc.

Reply to
SW

I routed the cable through the drain hole rubber bushing that the radio mast also drains into.

The plug on the wiring harness for the trailer hitch is tried up and hidden in the inner frame on the back wall of the trunk area on the Radio Antenna side.

Beware you cannot run the trailer lighting directly from this plug as you will fry the unit that senses blown bulbs that signals the SID

Cheers - Martin (new Zealand)

Reply to
Martin Barnes

Hello Martin,

I read your remark regarding tow hitch wiring. I would appreciate it if you could have a look at the following question:

I read your advice not to run the trailer lighting from the wiring harness plug in the back of the Saab as this will fry the unit that senses blown bulbs. What do you mean with trailer lighting? Do you mean the regular tail lights, brake lights and indicators or do you mean interior lighting for a caravan or so? Also, do you know if this unit is safe if I connect the tow hitch wiring in parallel to the regular lights by using the type of connector that presses a small peace of metal through the original wiring to connect to the tow hitch wiring?

Hope you can help me out,

Brent Mensen

Reply to
Brent99