ACC Gremlins

Hi all, I've got a bit of a funny problem with 1990 9000 T16. Two nites ago while I was driving home, the heater fan suddenly started going full blast and wouldn't switch off. I tried pressing the 'off' button but all that did was stop the cold air being blown out. When it is in 'auto' mode it does slow down a little, but goes back to full when I press 'off'. Apparently, there is a way the ACC unit can be switched into diagnostic mode, but I have no idea how. Any ideas anyone? I managed to get it to turn off by pulling the fuse for the fan, but now have no aircon at all. Also the 'fasten seatbelts' light seems to have stopped working at the same time, though I'm not sure if there is any relevance in that.

Thanks, Billy

Auckland, New Zealand

Reply to
William Duncan

In my 2000 9-5 there's a temperature sensor up near the rear view mirror, next to the fasten seat belts light. If there's an open ground, then it's possible that the temperature sensor will read a high temperature (hence possibly air conditioning on at all times) and possibly the seat belt light not on, but all of that is very much dependent on how the wiring works, and how smart the seat belt lamp is...

Bottom line might be to suspect the grounds.

don't remember the activation sequence for diagnostics, though. It's in my manual, iirc.

Harvey

Reply to
Harvey White