Traction Control?

I have heard that the traction control on the SAAB 9000's is notorious for being problematic. I have a 92 with same.

What about the traction control on the newer 9-3 or 9-5 models? Is this optional? Is it to be avoided when buying used?

It appears that there is a big shortage of decent 9000's for sale and I may have to go to a 9-3 or 9-5 instead.

Or stay with C900's

Thanks in advance,

Charles

Reply to
Charles

I've found the traction control on the 2001 9-3 to be perfectly ok. It can be handy accelerating on wet roads, especially with the huge amount of torque the HOT engine can generate. But if you don't like it, there's a button to turn it off.

John

Reply to
John B

No reliability problems on my 2001 9-3. I wish it would control the traction a bit better though. The manual says it allows loads of wheelspin to "maintain a sporty feel". Pah! If I want wheelspin I'll turn it off!

Cheers,

Colin.

[shuffles, grumbling, off to bed]
Reply to
Colin Stamp

If it allows the wheels to spin there's no point in having it ! Spining wheels make for poor traction.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Indeed. A little bit of wheelspin off the mark would be fine, since it doesn't have any control over the clutch, but they seem to have stuck it in boy-racer-in-McDonalds-carpark mode.

Cheers

Reply to
Colin Stamp