UK Saab 9000 CDE 2.3 Turbo

Anyone in the UK got any idea about the tech spec of this car? It is a 'K' reg and I am looking to buy one, I know its quite powerful but does anyone know its exact Bhp and fuel consumption and the like?

Also anyone got a rough idea as to what price I should be paying for one in great condition but quite high muiles (160,000 approx)?

Thanks :-)

Geordie

Reply to
Geordie

A 1991/1992 MY. It may be a very nice car, but it is difficult to sell at that vintage, hence the buyer can't expect a lot. £1000 territory. CS models looks better and are worth slightly more. Don't worry too much about engine power as long as it has a 2.0 LPT (like mine) and beyond. Reliability & condition is more important at that age.

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

Hi,

like i read in the reply of someone else, this means that it is a 91 and 92 model, that ones are really quick !!! the 2.3 Turbo engine has either 170 or 200 hp i think it is rather a full-turbo so 200 bhp is the best bet. the consumption should be around 9-11L/100km or 25-35 mpg depending on how and where you drive the car (city, mountain, highway etc) they are generally very solid cars, serious rust is one of the smallest problems with them check for oil change intervals and service book in general.

160.000 is not so high for that cars, you can expect to run 40.000 more atleast without major repairs, if there are none waiting yet (gearbox, timing chain, headgasket, clutch etc)

bye

simon

Reply to
Simon Putz

Thanks Simon, and also thanks to Johannes for his help too!!

The reason I am looking to buy it is because I need a second car for work, as I do a lot of miles. At the moment I am using a BMW 316i which is my main car, but I want to keep that for personal use and buy the Saab for my business use.

Also, I quite like the Saab and it seems like its got quite nice performance so that helps too ;-)

Thanks again!

problems with them

chain, headgasket, clutch etc)

Reply to
Geordie

After getting used to the Saab, you may be leaving the beemer for other halfs personal use.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

You think the Saab is a better car than a BMW? I have never driven a Saab, but having driven a BMW I know that the BMW is a lovely car and a great drive :-)

Geordie

Reply to
Geordie

I own 3x C900, 1x 9k and 1x e30 325i (and several other less worthy vehicles). I've owned various other saabs and beemers in the past.

The 325i is a real hoot - lots of fun, great low end acceleration. The 16vT 900 is a rocket - totally different animal.

I'd rather not get rid of any of them, but if I had to, the 16vT would be the last to go. No competition.

Reply to
Grunff

In article , blb snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com spouted forth into alt.autos.saab...

Well, if it is a 2.3 full pressure turbo, you will certainly find it entertaining in 3rd and above when the boost kicks in.

If it is anything like the Classic 900 it will feel smooth but a little sluggish below 2750/3k rpm, but once above that, and the whole car is transformed, and if you can keep it above that magic line, it will be absolutley mental, and you will get a great deal of pleasure from it.

With it being a FWD, it will be a totally different performance experience. But with heated seats, possibly leather, a decent feeling steering wheel, and loads of torque, that will pull you through that little flat area below 3k, you will find it a dream.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Hi,

last weekend i had great fun with my friends 325ix touring on the dirtiest tracks... the car has a very nice stone-flow kit :) but the 170hp of the 2.5 straight6 are not as nice as the 160 you get from the saab turbo 4

we also smoked some street-racing poser in a new 325 with a very very nice E21

323i, thanks to 4-speed gearbox and rev limiter at 7000 :) sometimes i wish there was a 900 with LSD and rwd, that would be the perfect fun car.

bye

simon

Reply to
Simon Putz