Umm...where is my Oil Filter?

When last we walked through this at alt.autos.saab - I'm pretty sure we were reliably informed that they simply order by litre almost exclusively .. :) ..

I'm of two minds on the metric system having grown up on the imperial measures act - only to have to changed about the time I was getting through high school here in Canada. Made for some interesting finals for many.

Interestingly - I can adjust my 1993 Aero display to report metric temperatures and 24 hour clocks - but at the same time still measure mileage in imperial or US gallons. I much prefer metric for measurement and fasteners, but still like imperial for comparative calculations.

Reply to
Dexter J

In Germany perhaps ? Idid put in the caveat *normally*btw. ;-)

I can assure you I've ordered by the half litre ( in Scandinavia for example ) but now I come to think of it in Germany it was more like " drei Bier bitte ".

Yeah, I started on imperial and *thankfully* we started using metric shortly after starting physics at school. Measures like footpoundals just make no sense at all.

I find imperial still handy for 'everyday' things like inches, feet, pints. Engineering *only* makes sense in metric.

I've more or less got better used to degrees C now too.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

"Pooh Bear" wrote: > Dexter J wrote: > > > Salutations: > >

The best price I have come across for the SAAB oil filter tool is here:

It is the shallow 32mm, 6-point socket...

Happy SAAB-ing!

Reply to
Roo

It's wierd to have to use a special tool to remove an oil filter! That must be the 'GM way' though - gotta make it so hard to service a car yourself so you've got to take it to an accredited outlet which can have all the right tools, etc. on hand.

In my C900's the oil filter is a bit tight to access but it's removed (and replaced) by hand. Screw on until the gasket touches the mounting with light finger-tightness, then another half-turn to tighten up to the right torque.

I'm using Saab OEM oil filters which I was able to buy a box of from a supplier in the UK. Got enough to last for many oil changes now. 8-)

Regards,

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's Saab C900 Site