Vibration when braking?

I have a 99 Saab 9-3. Recently, the steering wheel has begun to vibrate whenever I brake. A friend of mine told me that I might need new brakes or "my rotors turned"?? Does anyone have any ideas what might be needed or the avg price for this type of repair? thanks.

Reply to
MightyKC98

Turning, means skimming back to level on a Lathe (machine shop job).

You would need to compare SDaab parts, with Genuine parts from an Indy, and what a machine shop will charge for the turning.

Why is it we seem to be seeing a lot 9-* cars being mentioned with warped discs?

BTW, on the subject of Parking brakes.

If the parking brake is operated on the disc (like the old classic 900), instead of on an internal extra drum, then like others have said, that can lead to warping, when the disc is hot, because it cools at different rates, and is clamped solid in only one place by the caliper.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo