VT/USA: c900 dies while saving its sleepy driver

- tex

Reply to
Tex

in article 0tadnUN4b8phuJbZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com, Tex at snipped-for-privacy@aspam101.org wrote on 05/03/2006 17:55:

Lucky escape! Even in our old Swedish bricks, I know a head-on collision is not fun :O Upon reading this, I was reminded of the "Sold for Life" story. Enjoy :)

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

or

A 1990 would be an airbag model I think, which is lucky for Ms. Hoy. Too bad they don't say how fast she was going.

John

Reply to
John B

None of the UK spec classic 900s I've owned [1] had airbags. I'd say she was almost definitely wearing her seatbelt.

[1] I've had 4: a 2x 1985, 1x 1987 and 1x 1993 (16v SE). I currently have a 1985 8v, injection, 4 door.
Reply to
sweller

IIRC by 1990 all cars sold in the US were *required* to have at least a driver's side airbag, though I've never been real fond of them myself.

Reply to
James Sweet