EGR Valve... continued

I was reading the EGR Valve topic about removing the egr system altogether, sounds good, but my question is would it work on a non turbo charged Saab? My problem is that the PVS valve broke on my egr system, and I can't seem to find a replacement part anywhere, online or at part shops. Maybe it has to do with the fact that my Saab is pretty old, a 1984, I don't know. I'm new to Saabs and mechanical work in general so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Mechnewb

in article snipped-for-privacy@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, Mechnewb at snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote on 06/03/2006 02:28:

No problem at all. There were at least two EGR designs, depending upon age and market of the car, so bear that in mind.

On mine (1989 T8S), the procedure was a simple case of removing the EGR box from under the intake manifold, removing the metal pipe that runs up to between cylinders 2 & 3 and closing off the port. I then ran a "loopback" vac tube over the two ports between cylinders 2 & 3 although I gather that might not be necessary. There is an EGR removal kit available from SAAB which consists of a plate and a bolt for just that purpose. Your system may differ.

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

Thank you for the advice, I was actually able to find the pvs valve at a junk yard...If I continue to have problems with the system I will definetely follow up on your advice.

Reply to
Mechnewb