weird SAAB problem

Hello

I have a 1999 Saab 9-5. When I hit the night button on the display panel, all the guages go dead. All but the speedo drop to zero. When I turn the button back on, they jump back up. Any clue as to what is going on? Computer going bad?

Thanks Chad

Reply to
cspeier

That's what it's for. At night everything you don't need goes dark, if you've got that turned on. If you need to see something (fuel low, warning condition, whatever) then that instrument turns on. It's an ergonomic thing they learned from building fighter jets - don't bother the pilot with information that they don't need.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Boy.. Do I feel stupid! This is my wifes car. Geez.. Thanks

Reply to
cspeier

Boy.. Do I feel stupid! This is my wifes car. Geez.. Thanks

Reply to
cspeier

The button should have "Night Panel" on it..?

Reply to
DervMan