Window won't go up

My rear passinger window won't go up. When I tried tonight, the vanity light in the back dimmed when I pushed the switch, but the window did not move. Does this mean the switch is good, but the motor is bad -- or the other way around? Is a fuse gone? Is this an expensive repair at the shop? Any advice welcome. Thanks.

Reply to
madison41

In message , madison41 writes

The light dimming suggests the motor is pulling current but is stalled, most likely something mechanically stuck in the window mechanism. You will need to take the interior trim off the door to see what is jamming the window. Hopefully the repair should be obvious and cheap!

Andy

Reply to
Andrew Sinclair

Andy -- Thanks for the quick reply. I actually tried again this morning and discovered that the "light dim" was on the down button only. When I tried the up button, nothing. I was thinking there must be dust or dirt on the switch, so I used the air cannister I have to blast dirt off my keyboard all around the switch. Tried again -- and it worked! Window goes up and down fine now. Could be just a coincidence, but I'll take it!

Reply to
madison41

Is this switch part of the switch pack that was stupidly located right in front of the cup holder on some late 90's (97 -98 and others) Saab?

I had the same thing happen with the windows and I had ghosts in the central locks. Took the switch out, cleaned it , put it back. Everything works.

Moral of the story is to NOT use the cup holder for anything but spare change.

Reply to
ghost

You got it! No drinks from now on.

Reply to