1987 Saab for sale. Is it a good deal?

I am interested in a in 1987 Saab Turbo convertible that the owner will sell for $750. The body is straight, the engine and trans are good. The interior is rough. It seems like a good deal, and I personally trust the seller. Any thoughts? My intentions are to fix it up, and drive it around town. Nothing too intensive. Just buff it out, fix the interior, keep the engine humming. I know nothing about Saabs, per se.

Reply to
mezzodock

I know nothing about Saabs, per se.

Well you've come to the right place ;) And stop calling me Percy.

Reply to
Nasty Bob

At this end of the market, what else does your seven fifty dollars get you?

Interiors tend to be very expensive to put right.

That's where it'll get expensive.

In the UK market, for something at this price it's best if you either (a) know what you're doing with a spanner or (b) accept you may find a problem and sell it on inside a year or so.

Mind you it may last for a long, long time... :)

Reply to
DervMan

In the UK, it is likely that $750 wouldn't get you a roof for a turbo=20 convertible. my 1992 with rust in the A Pillar, and needing a new roof sold for=20 =A31800GBP, and that was less than I wanted to let it go for.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Elder