With GM news, still buy a new one?

Incidentally, this was *The Times* and did you see the number of mis-spellings !

God help the UK.

My next employer is quite likely to be Asian based.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Seems to have worked for Airbus ! ;~)

Did you know Singapore Airlines ( the lead customer ) despite being cross over the delays are now utterly delighted with the A380. Airbus promised them 15% less costs per seat mile than a 747-400 and what are they seeing ? 20% savings !

Boeing are going to have trouble matching that with the 747-8, not to mention it has 30% less interior space.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

I agree. It would be a much bigger sacrifice than Saab, which could be wiped out of existence with a mistaken "backspace" keystroke and no one at GM would take notice. . .

Reply to
VOR-DME

One financial newspaper had Saab as one of car maker you never will see anymore together with Saturn. Their point was: Would you buy a car maker that have been loosing money for 19 of the last 20 years, and loosing almost 4000USD per car last year, and have same estimates for 2009. Still, the local news agencies claim that there are several interested investors e.g. geely from china. Geely claims that they are not interested. Here are a 2008 link, before the financial drop,

2009
I would buy some spare parts....

Reply to
Balo

"Balo" skrev i meddelelsen news: snipped-for-privacy@telenor.com...

What can I say? Journalists are dumb, ignorant morons, who write sensation-stories to sell papers. Stories filled with hear-say and personal opinions. Very, very unserios, which that story shows...!

Cheers!

Reply to
Henrik B.