Latest threads in SAAB Cars Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Timing chain tensioner
Has anyone ever had a timing chain tensioner go bad? I have a strange whirring noise coming from that area, and I'm out of options. Just wondering if this is a likely solution. I've replace all of the...
1
1

900 turbo 1985 underpowered
hello, could anyone advise on said car with low boost output, corresponding on the boost gauge only going halfway or less into the amber section of the dial. I have just gassed the car, but on petrol...

The Hatchback
I'm about to trade my 97 900 SET for a 03 9.3 and I'm beginning to feel a little sentimental.....have any of you traded to the new body type and regretted it? The dealer explained to me over and over...
10
10

FS: 1986 SAAB 900i 4 door Auto (Manchester, UK)
C reg (1986), red, 4 door saloon, auto. 126K miles. PAS, central locking. Well maintained and in good running condition, very reliable, service history last 4 years. New battery, exhaust renewed 2...

Re: 9000 17-inch rims
:: does anyone know of aftermarket manufacturers that make 17inch rims :: that will fit a '93 9000CS? Thanks in advance. :: -JOhn I've got 4 17" for sale, if you're interested. They're tailormade to...
1
1

Steering wheel removal- ABS
The var is a 1992 900. I'm feeling resistance in my steering wheel, and it seems to be coming from the wheel itself, not the pump or rack. I'd like to look around , but the Bentley manual says not to...

Faulty alarm
Hi, I wonder if anyone has experienced this problem and knows of a quick fix? Just last week the battery died in my 1999 95 SE Estate (Wagon), 44000 miles, bought from a Saab dealer (Droitwich Saab,...
2
2

Classic 900 Turbo engine fumes...?
Hello to the group! Now with the warm weather I am driving my 1985 900 Turbo 16 with the roof open.. This has the effect of nasty fumes entering the cabin when I release the accelerator... The car...
4
4

2000 9-3 Brakes
My 2000 9-3 was in for its 30,000 mile service today. Imagine my surprise to get a phone call from the dealer this afternoon saying that my front brake pads and rotors needed to be replaced :( This...
15
15

faulty electric window
I have a 1991 9000iS, in Hampshire, UK, and found today that the driver's side electric window would not open. It does sound as if it is trying to close further when I press the 'close' side of the...
1
1

Intermittent Brake Light Warning
Hi Has anyone else had an intermittent 'Brake Light Failure' msg displayed on their SID only to find that no light was out ? The car is a '97 900XS Talladega. Any thoughts very welcome. Steve
2
2

Re: Investigation of 1sourceautowarranty.com
Snipped BS See that buzzard circling? -- Dad 98 C5 Black/Black/Auto 72 Shark Black/Black/4spd
18
18

92 9000S - Rear Brake Job - Any Advice Appreciated
I figure this one is old enough now that I can start beating and banging on it myself. Thought I would start with the rear brakes since the pads are at about 20 % The rotors are barely worn enough to...
1
1

2500 - 3000 RPM Bucking (long)
2500 - 3000 RPM bucking problem, at steady state throttle, on level ground or even more when going down gentle grade. Always reproducible when engine is hot (milder and not as reproducible when engine...

1995 900S advice
I've done some reading here so I've answered many of my questions but I would still like some input. I currently own a 95 Toyota Tacoma - and I'm getting tired of driving a truck. A neighbor has a...
5
5