Re: 100,000 Saturn cars - epidemic costly flaws

misterfact trolled & spammed the following nonsense:

Saturn has made 100,000 cars with CASTING FLAWS in the cylinder head. > This flaw causes the head to CRACK- usually just AFTER your warranty > expires! This was told to me by a Saturn "insider" > > For information on how to protect yourself from a company that > WITHOLDS this kind of important information from you:

Not that a spamming twit is even worth the time, but...

When we had our 1995 SL-1, we received a letter from Saturn on this very issue--at the same time they extended our cylinder head warranty to

100,000 miles. How is that witholding information?
> email: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

No thanks, I'll post here.

Reply to
Victor DiMichina

Saturn knew about the problem in 1996. They waited until June of 1999 to release the service notice. They waited almost FOUR YEARS to release this so they could as many victims as possible to drive their car OVER the warranty period so thr company wouldn't be liable for the costly replacement. Don't believe any crap that Saturn has their customers well- being in mind. If you want to hear confirmation of this from other victims: email snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
misterfact

Saturn may not have had our address, so we probably did not get the letter. Would you mind elaborating a bit? What is the problem? Which models does it affect? We have a '95 SW2.

Reply to
Detector195

Yours isn't affected. It was only the single cam engines.

Reply to
Victor DiMichina

That's to be expected from a General Motors product.

Reply to
noyb