1994 saturn sl when i drive it loses power and shuts off

i noticed 2 weeks ago when i drive my car it loses power and shuts off after about 15 to 20 minutes it starts back up again. even if i'm on the highway doing 45mph to 50mph it slows down and shuts off on its on. i have had a full tune-up,changed the fuel filter and up-graded to exspensive gas and i'm still having this problem. so can somebody please help me?

Reply to
shaky

Higher octane gas will do nothing for an engine that does not have high cylinder compression. You can stop wasting your money on that... That is never a fix for anything.

We could use more info such as, is the engine cold or warm when it does this. Also I havent a clue as to what "loses power and shuts off" entails. Loss of engine power or Electrical Power? Does it still crank? The only guesses I have at this time are EGR, Coil pack, fuel pump, or crank sensor. It may be off for 15-20 min but how long has it been running prior? I'm guessing it is always warmed up?

Reply to
blah blah

yes, the engine is warm. when i say loses power i mean on the highway i'm driving 50 to 55mph and it will drop on its on to 20mph and then it will die out. i took it back to the dealer and he gave it a diagnostic test and he says theres nothing wrong but when i drive it it breaks down on me.

Reply to
shaky