1999 1.9L in a 1998 SL2

What are the odds of putting a 1999 auto engine in a 1998 SL2 stick shift?

Reply to
Seikoboy

It should bolt right in and run fine as there was no big chages in engine or its controls.

SnoMan

I would agree - but in 99 I believe there WERE sizeable changes made. They made the change to the roller-valvetrain narrower head in '99, but not for the entire year if I recall correctly. This could be made to work in a '98, but it would require a lot of the '99's accessories which are different (exhaust manifold, intake manifold, throttle body, air intake system, etc).

You may be able to find more info in the TSN swap guide:

Good luck Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]

Reply to
Lane

THis would be easy to confirm with a visual too.

SnoMan