2001 Saturn SL1 good or bad ??

Hi All

My 1996 Saturn lost a #3 cylinder. So I am thinking of a replacement. Its a 2001 Sl1 for $3800 with 58k on it. I was wondering if the 2001 sl1`s has any inherent problems . Like having to rebuild the upper valve body every 60k. What do you think ???

Thanks all for your help Ron

Reply to
ronc2

I'm pretty sure it won't cost you $3800 to fix your '96.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Reply to
Buster

I would suggest you check a third party evaluation like Consumer Reports. Might find another car cheaper to own too.

Now my pure option, the later SL's made me believe Saturn was realling getting their act together, then they switched over to ION's and went downhill. So I did like the later SL's.

hth,

tom @

Tom The Great