2002 Saturn LS 300 - electrical problems?

A friend who has a 2002 Saturn LS 300 is complaining of increasing problems popping up with his electrical system. The fuse for the power seat
movement goes out, he's had to replace one of the tail light assemblies because it burnt out so badly that (I didn't see this) apparently some of the interior of the assembly was melted, that kind of thing. Is this a known problem or simply something that will happen along the way and it just is happening now? (Me, I don't have any of that power stuff, as you know the '02 SL1 is a "do it yourself" car--crank down the windows yourself, move the seat yourself, open the doors yourself, etc.)
--
kettir at softhome dot net