2002 Vue idle problem with A/C on...

I just replaced the battery on my 2002 4cyl Vue. Since then I noticed that the idle surges wildly, almost to the point of stalling, whenever the air conditioner is on. No problems at all with the A/C off. I know that after a battery replacement there is a period of time required for the computer to 'relearn' everything; but it's been almost a week with no improvement. I did an online parts search for an idle control valve with no luck, so I don't know if it even has one. There are no aftermarket tech manuals for this car which doesn't make troubleshooting any easier. On a side note I did notice a good bit of oil under the AC compressor last time I was under the car, but the cooling is fine. How big a job is it to replace the compressor? Thanks for any advice...

Reply to
ktyme