saturn stalling on me ..

ok here goes i have a 97 saturn and when i start it it runs find i'll go about a mile or two and then i stalls on me and it is hard to get started again . when i do im gone and its fine for a little bit sometime it cuts off again and wont start back up for awhile i'll go where im going and turn it off and when im ready to leave it wont start for about 5 to 10 min but it will crank over but not start ...sometimes it will start right away . i can also hear the fuel pump running when i turn the key ..so my question is can you help me with my problem ?????

Reply to
daddyluva

sounds like a bad fuel filter, also have you checked for any codes?

Reply to
marx404

you know what i thought of that and a friend told me to change the fuel pump relay and it worked fine for a day .lol so my next move is the filter... hope that 's it ... im just hoping its not the fuel pump i dont want to have to take off the gas tank .....thanks a lot i'll let you know if that works....

Reply to
biglen7

Get the stored codes read. Autozone stores will read them for no charge. It beats wild guesses.

Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]

Reply to
Lane