2004 Vue V6 AWD

FYI,

14,000 miles, less than one year old and the battery fails. Saturn just replaced it under warranty but, so much for AC Delco parts!
Reply to
Joe

I test drove a Dodge truck once. The dealer needed to jump it to make it run. Sat in the lot so long with the dealer's alarm on it the battery was fully dead. No doubt the buyer of that truck has had a new battery since then.

Fwiw, my car batteries only last 2 years in the heat of CA central valley. I even went through 3 Wal-Mart Super Cranks in one year on same vehicle. They just don't make them like they used to. Smaller batteries = closer plates, and they seem to short out with all the potholes around here.

B~

Reply to
B. Peg

You guys just made me think.....I realize that I've never changed the battery in my '99 F150...Has never even given a shred of evidence that it's crapping out. But of course, now that I said that.... :) Have a '94 Saturn SL2 with the same battery I replaced the stock one in '96 with...That one's a Die-Hard... 8-9 years out of a battery's not to bad, is it? :)

Scott

Reply to
Scott MacIntyre

Saturn just

94 SW2, 95 SW2 and 96 SL2 All 3 - battery and 3-year warranty expirations have coincided.
Reply to
Chuck

Ahh..practically perfect product planning! ;-)

2004 Vue AWD V6 25,000 miles, still cranking fine.

Paul E

Reply to
Paul Elliot