95 SL2 Automatic Trans shift problem

My 95 SL2 Automatic stopped shifting into 4th yesterday and the check engine light came on at the same time

After shutting the car off for a minute and starting again it works fine for a little while and then it starts acting up again

It shifts thru the other gears and reverse fine

any ideas ?

thanks, DaveV

Reply to
Dave V

Have the code read first. I would suspect valve body or TCC.

Reply to
Blah Blah