97 Saturn SL2 Transmission Probelm

Hi,

Sorry if this is already in the archives, but I didn't find my exact issue. I have a 1997 Saturn SL2 with 265,000 miles (great car!), automatic transmission.

The transmission has made a clanking/banging sound when changing gears for a couple of years now. In the past week, when I go into reverse the car starts to roll forward a bit. It takes awhile for it to go into reverse properly.

Any ideas on what this could be and how much it will cost to fix?

Thanks, CW

Reply to
CW

This should have what you're looking for.

blah blah

I wouldn't waste your time or money trying to flush it out. If there is crap in the vavle body something is broke or going to be break soon. Flushing it out might work for a week or two but the longer you wait to get it fixed the more it will cost. Having broken parts float around in your transimission will only lead to breaking other parts that maybe good.

Reply to
scrapir

exacuse me sand moav six airba

Reply to