96 Alternator repair

Hello,

I seem to have lost, while driving, the lower bolt that holds the alternator on. This is the long bolt at the bottom which the alternator could swing on. The question I have is:

  1. Has this ever happened to anyone?
  2. What does the bolt look like? Perhaps someone can point me to an exploded view of this assembly?
  3. Does it have a nut or does it just thread into either the alternator or engine block?

Thank you, Rob

Reply to
Rob

Sorry group, I should have been more specific on the model/year.

It is a '96 Saturn DOHC 4 door sedan.

Thank you, Rob

Rob wrote:

Reply to
Rob

According to GM manual, picture I am looking at here, it is a seperate nuts that is not part of frame or mount

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Thank you for the response.

Do you have the ability to scan that diagram in and email it to me?

Thank you, Rob

SnoMan wrote:

Reply to
Rob

Yes, actual it is a computer based GM manual so I do not need to scan anything. It is for a 98 (it only goes back to that) but it should be the same as it matches my 97 perfectly..

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Much obliged.

I take it you can get my email address?

Rob

SnoMan wrote:

Reply to
Rob

Did you get them okay?

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Yes! Thank you!

What did we ever do without the internet and Google :)

Take care, Rob

SnoMan wrote:

Reply to
Rob