98 Saturn SL1 Coupe

My sun roof does not work on my Saturn. I have taken it to the dealer and I have extended warranty on my car. Since it is not the motor and it is the tracks they will not fix it under my warranty even though all is connect to the electrical parts that will have to be replaced. The dealership has advised me that it is a $700.00 part that is needed plus labor. Is there anyway around this or is there a less expensive way to fix my sun roof? Is this a common problem with the Saturns?

Reply to
KellyHarvey

dealer and

Contact Joey at

He can explain youroptions the best of anyone here. Ken

Reply to
Napalm Heart

Read your extended warranty. If it is bumper to bumper then typically adjustments, wear out items, and weatherstripping is not covered. If the part is not one of those, ask to see in the warranty where it is excluded. Of course I am assuming it is a Saturn or GM extended warranty. If it is

3rd party it may be worthless.

Reply to
Art

Thank you Ken. I just sent off my question to him. Thanks!

Reply to
KellyHarvey

Thanks for your help. My extended warranty is from a 3rd party. Where they have fixed a lot on my car and have covered it, this is the one item that they will not cover because it is not the electrical part of the sunroof that needs repairing even though in order for the mechanic to repair the problem they have to replace everything in it which includes the electrical. I have been fighting with them for almost a year on this to no avail.

Reply to
KellyHarvey