Another Saturn Alarm Problem

I have an '06 Saturn Vue that I purchased in Sept. '06 with 28k miles. Last week at around midnight the alarm activated. After checking that no one had opened any doors I reset the alarm but the dome lamps wouldn't turn off. It was the first cold night we'd had here in Houston, around 38 degrees, so as I sat in the vehicle I cranked the engine to warm it up as I read the owner's man. While sitting I noted that the when I put it in drive to move it a little the auto door locks didn't activate, as a matter of fact I tried to manually lock them with the lock button and they would unlock themselves almost immediately. After the vehicle had warmed up I moved it into drive again and low and behold the auto door locks activated and the dome lamps went off. I shut it down and went back to bed. Took it to Saturn Southwest the following day & got it back with "could not duplicate problem" noted on my copy of the service receipt. The service writer said they reprogrammed the ecm & that should correct the problem. That night around 4:30 AM, which was in the 40 degree range...well, you guessed it, same problem. This is our 4th Saturn so I'm pretty familiar the the product. Any ideas out there? Thanks, Richard

Reply to
bboy327

bboy327

Glad to hear the problem's solved. For future reference, when taking any car in for a problem that appears to be related to cold temperature, have the garage keep it overnight, either outdoors or in an unheated building, and check for problems first thing the next morning. You're much less likely to get it back with a "cannot duplicate" note.

Reply to
Doug Miller