Rover 620 Alarm Problem

I have a Rover 600 P Reg and the alarm has been going on and off. It has been behaving itself for the past week, but last night it went off all night and in the end I couldnt sleep

My question is what are the common causes, is their a quick fix for now (as the Rover dealer is very busy and I am booked in for next Thursday) and can I disable the alarm/noise but still have the lights flashing.

ALso noticed that sometimes when the car is locked, the central locking automatically activates and opens the lock.

Thanks in advance for any help

Reply to
zappp

Almost certainly a bad connection on one of the front door switches (and probably the driver's side) - try removing it and using contact cleaner fluid.

Darren

Reply to
Darren Jarvis

Reply to
zappp

Take the battery out - or find the alarm sounder and disconnect it.

Ta, G.

Reply to
G-Man

Alarm unit is under the boot carpet on the right hand side.

Reply to
Conor

do I just unplug a cable to disable the alarm ?

Reply to
zappp

Yep.

Reply to