antifreeze reserve cap

Several times over the summer my check engine light would come on my 94 SW2 with 80K on the motor & trans I would pull over first checking trans fluid, then turn off the engine & check everything else including opening the antifreeze cap checking the cap & level and then putting the cap back on. When I returned to start the car the light was off. Therefore when it happened 3 more times I did the same and the light went off. Could the cap really make a difference? I was thinking of getting a new cap but wanted to ask first. Thanks Linda

Reply to
Linda