Article in Cleveland Paper On Why Saturn Failed

I didnt read it,but judging from the source-The Plain Dealer,it's probably their opinions.

Reply to
teem

Link:

Yeah, I agree, not much meat to the article.

-David

Reply to
David Teichholtz

Albeit that the author could have chosen a much more positive title for his article, it was all true. GM has stagnated the Saturn line-up for years and really should have kept the product line fresh. IMHO, the S and L series direly needed a makeover years ago.

The article should have been titled something like "Saturn's New Direction" or "Return of Saturn" or something like that instead of such a negative title. (er, how 'bout "why GM Failed Saturn"?, lol).

However, there are many who relish in ragging on Saturn and perhaps if the negative title draws them to read this article in full, they will be enlightened as to the new direction Jill L. and GM is taking us. IMHO, by

2008, our lovable lil S-cars will be fond memories (and still many on the road including mine) and Saturn will become a world class car.

sehnen sich Phasensaturn ! desea Saturno vivo ! désirent ardemment Saturne de phase ! Long Live Saturn !

marx404

Reply to
marx404

Failed? The VUE seems to be selling like hotcakes around here (CT). Granted, I don't see myself ever buying one of their econoboxes ever again (I've owned 3), but I'm quite happy with the new VUE I bought last week.

Cheers,

Reply to
Ritz

And have you tried to actually buy a SKY?

John Cowart

Reply to
bo peep

Indeed. I sat in one in the showroom when I was buying the VUE and was told there was a 6 month wait (at least) if I ordered one that day. I liked the styling, but the engine was a bit anemic for that type of car. If Saturn can get that puppy up to 225-250hp and sell them for under $25k they'll sell as many as they can crank out.

Cheers,

Reply to
Ritz