automatic locks with RKE?

My (power lock equipped) 98SL2's owner's manual has a bit about changing the state of the remote keyless entry system so that it can arm itself when you exit the vehicle. The dealership says this isn't possible. The manual also specifically says that the system will not lock the doors in this 'auto-arm' mode. (You can still lock the doors with the key fob.)

Has anyone experimented with wiring or reprogramming the RKE system so that it will auto-arm *and* automatically lock the doors? I really don't want to install a third party keyless entry system, since I already have one.

-rj

98SL2
Reply to
richard hornsby