HELP!! son scratched clearcoat right around car

He use his fingernails and made three scratches an inch apart from each other right around the car. He felt really bad, only 6 years old.

I tried waxing it, but didn't help. I then bought a buffer and tried that. It helped hide them, but they showed through a few days later. Paint is not scratched, just the clearcoat.

Help please, is there anything i can do. The car is cranberry colour.

Reply to
Shawn

I'll make the assumption that the scratches don't go through the clear. If they do not, try a polish (not a wax, not a cleaner wax, not a body scrub, etc). I've used the polish that is a part of the Meguiar's 3-step process with great results.

If you can't get the scratches out, stop by a good body/paint shop and see what they can do. Sometimes they can do surprising, amazing things with a buffer and the correct abrasives.

Lane [ l a n e @ p a i r . c o m ]

Reply to
Lane

I swear by G27, the scratch remover polish they advertise on TV. You can get it at WallyMart, it has worked wonders. Also you can try the green can, Turtle Wax Polishing Compound that will smooth out just about anything.

marx404 saturnofstuart.com

Reply to
marx404