Automatic Seatbelts

The driver side automatic seatbelt on my 93 SL2 has started to stick. Does the track require periodic lubrication (what type) or has the motor just gotten weak?

Reply to
Bradley D. Allison

Yes, it does require maintence. I'm going by what the Haynes manual says, since I don't have the automatic seatbelts.

White lithium-based grease brushed along the entire length of the track, and then run the unit (with the door) back and forth the entire length a few times.

Recommended maintence is every 6K/6mo.

-rj

98SL2

Bradley D. Allis> The driver side automatic seatbelt on my 93 SL2 has started to stick. Does

Reply to
richard hornsby

Yes, it does require maintence. I'm going by what the Haynes manual says, since I don't have the automatic seatbelts.

White lithium-based grease brushed along the entire length of the track, and then run the unit (with the door) back and forth the entire length a few times.

Recommended maintence is every 6K/6mo.

-rj

98SL2

(sorry if this appears as a double, I was correcting the line wrapping and cancelled the first msg)

Reply to
richard hornsby

The seatbelt controller box is under the hand brake in the center console. The cover can crack, and if you spill anything then stuff can get into the box and cause wierd intermittent problems. If lubing the track does not fix the problem, see if the controller box is cracked. I was able to get a replacement from a junk yard

Reply to
MM13