Automatic Seatbelts

Ready for a laugh of the day?

My driver's side seatbelt is only retracting 1/2 way (one of the automatic ones). It still locks into place so is OK for driving. The Saturn dealer informs me that the cable and motor is a sealed unit and would cost around $700 Canadian. (Not to mention the fuel pump at $800 CDN).

  1. Is it easy to tear out and try to fix (just a matter of removing the trim pieces etc)?

  1. Can it be fixed?

Thanks Chris

Reply to
Chris

Do as others suggest. Immediately lubricate the track w/ white lithium grease. The driver seat belt in my 92SL1 failed aftter exhibiting the same symptoms. I told Saturn to lubricate it three times while performing routine maintenance. They never did lubricate it and I foregot to check it until after leaving the dealer. The seat belt retainer cable finally broke.

Mike

Reply to
Mike