Button by Shifter

OK, when I bought my car, it didn't come with any manual, and I haven't been able to afford one. I only had one quick question. There is a little switch/button on the lower right hand side of the shifter. I believe it switches from Perf to Norm. Does anyone know what this button/switch does?

Thanks, Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Stone via CarKB.com

This question was asked about a month back and there were several good explanations that were posted. Use Google and search the news group archives for the long versions, but the short of it is that the "performance" setting changes the shift points to be at higher RPM, more HP and less fuel economy.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

You can get a replacement owner's manual from Saturn parts or order online from

(use the yellow 'Aftermarket' link).

Reply to
Oppie