CEL

Went to Autozone to have the CEL read, keep getting a link error. My horn fuse is blown could this have anything to do with it? 1998 SL1, 71000 miles.

Also the horn need to be replaced, does anyone know if the new one comes with the relay on it and if there is one available off the net?

Thanks

Reply to
jd

Call me dumb, but whats a CEL? Do you mean PCM? Shouldnt have anything to do with horn fuse. Saturn uses a standard FIAMM horn. You can get one at any parts store cheaper, SL bolts on the front w/ only one bolt and clip, very simple. I replaced the wimpy OEM with a FIAMM highway blaster, heh heh, really wakes up innatentive drivers.

marx404

Reply to
marx404

Not my post, but usually abbreviated for Check Engine Light. Also called the Service Engine Soon, or Service Engine Light too.

I agree the horn will not set a CEL code. They need to have the computer scanned and determine the error code. Autozone does this for free.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

Yea the Autozone scanner keeps coming back with a link error. The OEM horn do they have the relay included? Thanks for the replys

Reply to
jd

"jd" typed until their fingers bled, and came up with:

Depends on the year. '91-'95 the relay is in the underhood fuse box. '96+ it's built into the horn.

Reply to
Kevin M. Keller

Well I got a Saturn geniune horn, so I'm good there. Now to figure out that pesky link error :)

Reply to
jd