Changing the TIMING BELT on a 2002 Saturn L300

SIMPLE POST but I really need DIAGRAMS or if somebody could tell how to align the TIMING BELT for the 2002 SATURN L300???

Thanks you guys!!

Thierry.

Reply to
thierryhassid

If this is the 3.0L quad cam Opel/Saab engine, you will need the special retainers to pvevent the camshafts from going out of time. We had timing belt replaced at the dealers for about $600, but it was worth it as our mechanic friend wouldn't touch this job withour the special retainers.

Hope this helps you, David

Reply to
David

I have the Saturn shop manual which shows the job very well. Let me first say that I do most of my own repair work but I looked at what was involved and let a shop do the timing belt, water pump and serpentine. Just too much to go wrong on an expensive engine and too many special tools needed to make it reasonable to do at home.

Just my $0.02 worth Oppie

Reply to
Oppie