"check engine soon" light

How do I reset the blasted "check engine soon" light on my 2001 L300 V6?

Reply to
saturn racer

Take the vehicle to your local Autozone-ish place and see if they will read the code from the computer for you. The SES light means that the computer has stored a code which corresponds to something wrong. To get the light to go off, solve the problem which is causing the code.

-rj

98SL2
Reply to
richard hornsby

I heard on some other GM cars, cycling the key to on then off without starting the motor for 8 times does the trick. On some others, disconnecting the battery for a while does the trick as the computer reboots when power is restored. You might try these and see if one works.

Reply to
rufus

yip take the red terminal off your battery for ~15 sec should work. Eiher that or find the ECM (PCM) fuse (its in the underhood fuse box) its clearly labelled and pull it out for ~15 secs. I'd go for the ECM fuse since you have to reset your clock/radio settings etc etc with the battery option.

Reply to
Iceman35