Code 19

My 1992 Saturn SL1 is returning a code 19, 6X fault. Can someone please explain what I might do next? I understand that this is directly related to the PCM.

Performance is poor. Stalls after warm up, will not start again until cool.

If I must replace the PCM, do I have to take it in and have it "programmed" ?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

No Run Saturn

I would tend to suspect the crankshaft position sensor for that, though the PCM could possibly be the cause.

'92 is too old for a flash-programmable PCM, if you replaced it you'd just need to transfer the CALPAK or MEM-CAL chip from the old PCM to the new.

Reply to
Robert Hancock

Thanks for the help Robert. I'll look into CPS.

No Run Saturn