Code 26 and long warm-up time on 93 SL1

Can anyone diagnose?

My '93 SL1 (120,000 miles) has a code 26 and takes about 4 minutes to warm up before I can drive it without it stalling or bucking. After that it is fine all day until the next day.

Is this consistent with the EGR solenoid or canister purge solenoid problem others have found? If so, one more than the other?

The SES light is not always on and I can't find any pattern to it other than it won't come on while I'm waiting for it to fully warm up (when ironically I'm having the problems) and seems to come on more on downhills than uphills.

Thanks if anyone can help.

Reply to
Bettinger

I wish I could diagnose the problem because I think I have a similar one.

I haven't been able to consistently see the code 26 (it comes on and off often) although I can't remember it turning on too soon after starting the car. It usually comes on for me at medium-higher speeds and goes out (at least briefly) while I am changing gears or slowing and stopping at a light.

I am driv>Can anyone diagnose?

Reply to
nord

I fixed it by changing the EGR SELENOID. a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...